What do facilities with haphazard wiring have in common?

I've seen people do this before too but probably only on lighting contactors at 120V. Is the concern with manually operating a 400 or 600V motor contactor arc flash?

Yep, I saw one guy do it on a reversing motor, the PLC would wanted to move the damper to the close limit switch, he pushed in the open starter, when the PLC saw the damper off the limit it pulled in the close starter and this sent power to the forward and the reverse at the same time.... POW! lucky he only ended up on his *** and not really hurt.

Saw another guy push in a break contactor on a motor that was larger than me and the load went into free fall and caused the machine down for weeks and about 100k worth of damage.

Similar Topics

I owe you guys who work in theme parks and amusement parks and public-facing automation projects a tip of the hat. Most of my work is heavy...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I have a Coherent CO2 Laser that I would like to get repaired. I found a place in Connecticut called Evergreen Laser . Have...
Replies
Views
Which repair facilities do people use the most and what do you like and dislike most about them? I am trying to get a feel for what the customers...
Replies
Views
Hi, Anyone experience with Citect SCADA software. Im planning to use it in a building automation project. The vendor says it (CitectFacilities) is...
Replies
Views
Hello - I am trying to find the best way to connect into a facilities controls network. It is ControlLogix PLCs and FactoryTalk distributed...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom