Sum part of an array starting at element 70

My guess is the FAL solution will solve in less processor time simply because it is a firmware solution. The function has been optimized for use in the target. But I have been wrong before.

Keith

It works yes. Is it the correct use of the instruction?
Here's how it would have been done on a PLC5, you can see from the usage that N7:70-99 become marked as used because of the length of the FAL

PLC5_FAL.PNG

Converting this to Logix produces this:
An Alias is created automatically pointing to N7[0].Pos

LogixConversion_FAL.PNG

Tidying it up without the conversion tags.

Logix_FAL.PNG

I know that will work but how do you know it's better... or more correct maybe... to use the offset in the expression instead of loading it into position element?

It's cleaner on the rung to be sure but that doesn't mean its right or wrong.

I know that will work but how do you know it's better... or more correct maybe... to use the offset in the expression instead of loading it into position element?

It's cleaner on the rung to be sure but that doesn't mean its right or wrong.

More correct because the FAL can do much more. If you had a temperature data array[100] and you want to convert 30 temperature values from Fahrenheit to Celcius and store them back in the array you could do something like this, where the destination is part of an array.

Temp_Conversion.PNG