Can't go online, upload... RSLogix 500

Thanks, but no, that's not the problem.
Never been it's work before? If that, then you should remember the installation process. Rslogix 500 all over allen bradley PLC software doesn't work, if it is not install properly by select the programming region or language or others.

Never been it's work before? If that, then you should remember the installation process. Rslogix 500 all over allen bradley PLC software doesn't work, if it is not install properly by select the programming region or language or others.

Thank You, But No, that's not the problem either.

I will fill in proper information when I discover what the real problem is, and I do have a good idea what it is.

Well, it's been narrowed down, so I will see what this coming week brings.

Wish Me Luck!

Thank You, But No, that's not the problem either.

I will fill in proper information when I discover what the real problem is, and I do have a good idea what it is.

Well, it's been narrowed down, so I will see what this coming week brings.

Wish Me Luck!
Wish your best luck bro...and thanks for all.

Well,
I tried all the KB ****, and nothing worked.

I also installed V11 of RS500 to see if that would help. Nope!

Next step is to remove FTVME from this machine and wipe as clean as possible.

It is also V11. I tried to move the activation to a FlexNet dongle, well there were issues.

I called Rockwell. It turns out that Code Meter activation's have issues with the FlexNet dongles.

FTVME is V11. What they had me do is change activation version to V10 to get it to work with the dongle. He said V11 will work just fine. I tested it out while on the phone, and it does work.

What a convoluted mess!

What I ended up doing so far...

Installed FTVME on another computer and got that running. Everything works well, except the activation isn't working properly. It's looking for a CM stick even tho I selected V10 activation per Rockwell which uses the FlexNet dongle which the activation is on. That's a minor issue.

I removed FTVME off the machine in question, as much of it as I could find. Still having issues.

So, I restored this machine from an actual backup before I installed V32 of Studio 5000. Restoring from the backup also removed a few other software programs/updates as well as rolled back the Avast anti-virus and windows updates.

It worked just fine after that, and I could connect, go online... all that fun stuff with the EtherNet/IP driver.

Since then, I installed V32 and all the updates that comes with it. All is still working fine!

Now, the only updates to this machine after that has been windows updates (this is W7-P-64) and Avast updates. That should narrow it down...

So, I'll test that next with a ML1400 I have here. If all works, I'll make another backup/restore point then install FTVME again.

Just a WAG... but Windows update maybe?

So just another WAG... if it stops working again, check for Windows updates and remove them then try it again, should be a lot easier and faster than what you went through, you can see the install dates and just pick them off one at a time until you go back far enough

So just another WAG... if it stops working again, check for Windows updates and remove them then try it again, should be a lot easier and faster than what you went through, you can see the install dates and just pick them off one at a time until you go back far enough

Yep, now I do have a real record of actual install dates. Before that, it was scattered all over the place. I actually restored from earlier last year, so dates will be the past couple days.

The L553 only works with the old Ethernet Devices driver. I do know for a fact that this particular processor worked with the Ethernet/IP driver, but it was an older version of Linx.

Linx V4.11 would not even see this, but the old driver in that works just fine.

So, narrowing it down.

It's not windows update, because this is W7. That has fully updated and there are no more updates.

It's not Avast, as that has also fully updated.

So, gonna do a backup and create a restore point, then put FTVME back on this machine.

L553.jpg

By the way, I can go online with BOTH Ethernet drivers at the same time, so that would not be an issue as I have seen mentioned.

Now your talking.... it's beer:35 anyway (AKA 12:35)

Oh, a lot of people had that idea!
The beer store I like to go was crowded. Decided to go to another one, same thing. Went to another one, you guessed it...
Ended up going to a 4th one that only had one person inside. It's just a bit longer drive, but 50 degree temps in the Hot Rod with the M/T's, is rather fun! :whistle:

(y)