compact logix versus control logix CPU

Nilesh Sinha

I have an application where I need hardware based redundancy, with a processor switching time of less than 100 milliseconds.
Can I use Compact logix for this application.

Can anyone tell me about the processor switching time and redundancy features of compact logix and control logix.

I didn't think CompactLogix did hot backup?

I know this is a personal rant... but I see CPU redundancy as a gimmick to sell you more stuff. Without also having I/O redundancy, why make the most protected and stable part of the system redundant, without making the more vulnerable parts of the system redundant? If the primary processor faults on a problem, the backup processor is running the same program right? Well, it will fault too. Can't protect against that. So what does hot backup get you besides a lighter wallet and a more complex system?

Beauty and reliability is in simplicity ... Just my 2p.