RSLogix5000 V17.1 & SoftLogix5800 V19

echos

Hey Guys

I just installed RSLogix5000 V17 and required an emulator so I installed SoftLogix5800 V19. I can clearly see that they are different versions but am confused because they came in the same installation package. Is there anyway I can get these 2 products to work together? I want to keep RSLogix at V17 but how can I bring SoftLogix down revisions?

Does rockwell have a firmware update page? I cannot seem to find one/

Any help appreciated

Last edited:
Install RSEmulate 5000 ver. 19. You can create other firmware versions of an emulated processor, not just a ver. 19 one.

A couple of cautions when using RSEmulate or SoftLogix as hardware emulators.

Both packages (RSEmulate5000 is a cut-down version of SoftLogix) use slot 0 as a "RSLinx Comms" slot, and therefore cannot be used in your "target" project without moving modules around.

Parameter passing in JSR/SBR/RET is processed in reverse order! Mostly this is of no consequence but if you are passing a whole tag into a subroutine, then passing attributes to load into it, it will not work as expected, and you will have to modify the order for the emulator/softlogix, and then put it back for the target controller. Not an easy task when you have a couple hundred JSRs to handle valves, pumps etc.

The official answer I got from A-B when I complained about it was (paraphrased) "...the developers of SoftLogix did not have a specification to work to, so they are not wrong...", go figure !

A couple of cautions when using RSEmulate or SoftLogix as hardware emulators.

Both packages (RSEmulate5000 is a cut-down version of SoftLogix) use slot 0 as a "RSLinx Comms" slot, and therefore cannot be used in your "target" project without moving modules around.

You can absolutely move both the RSLinx Classic and Enterprise instances from slot 0. I have this in my config right now.

Perhaps, but you can't put the Controller in Slot 0, which it may need to be in your target application.

I guess what echos would like to do is take a current controller application, change the controller type to SoftLogix, run it to test it, then change controller type back again. This doesn't work at all, changing controller type moves the controller from slot 0, and you can't put it back. He will end up messing about with the application so much to get it to run in SoftLogix, you he'll wish he'd begged, stolen, or borrowed the hardware

Last edited:
you are correct daba that is what i intend to do, thank you for clearing up the messy part for me, I understand hardware is always the way to go

Look you have three posts on this subject. First, do you have a support contract (techconnect) with RA? If not, the link won't help you as you will be asked to provide a name and serial #.

You're putting up multiple posts on this. It's simple. It order to download RA software, You NEED a valid (in support, I beleive) serial # and the name of the person who it's registered to. If you don't have a valid serial number you WILL have to call your local RA distributor and purchase it.