Wonderware DAServer holding onto RSLogix5000

echos

I am trying to break the link between a wonderware tag and a tag in RSLogix. No matter what i do to the tag in the PLC the wonderware is holding onto it.
I know i need to reset a cache somewhere but can not remember where to do it.

Has someone come across this before?

TIA

Got it, had to uncheck auto load tags in the SMC

What did you mean by "wonderware is holding onto it"?

I've had tags in a CLX PLC that I couldn't delete because they were being read by a DA server, but I don't understand what was happening in your case. Were you unable to delete the tag from the WW database?

Yes i could not delete the CLX Tag as it was being read by the DAServer, so i undeployed the wonderware tag then i renamed CLX Tag to TagOld and pointed Wonderware to read TagNew but no matter what i did wonderware would always point to TagOld even though the input source was told to look at TagNew