Wonderware software (Intouch) with siemens PLC S7-400 via DAServer

Easy91

Hello Everyone,

I use PLC S7-400 with Ethernet module CP 443-1 and i want to communicate with My galaxy via DAServer. I configure my PLC with SIMATIC FIELD PG computer with STEP 7 v5.4 + SP4.

How should i configure the CP443-1 to send information from a memory to my server via factory network. I have just configured the CP 443-1 in the HW config. I changed IP of the CP443-1 and i can ping my device from a server. What should i do now ? Should i configure something in NetPro ? Should i add a ''PG/PC'' or ''Other Station'' component to communicate with my server ? I do not really know how it works.

I am new here, so excuse me if my explanation is not very precise. I would appreciate all the suggestions and questions which will help me achive my goal.:)

Rafal

On S7 side you don't have to configure anything special, if you enter 3 as connection ressource in the DAServer.

Using a S7-400 you have to enter the correct rack/slot position of the CPU (not the CP). A S7-300 has a fixed position of 0/2, in a S7-400 rack you can set the CPU on different slot positions. You can read the slot position out of the Step7 hardware configuration.

Thank you very much for a response Thomas,

So if i correctly understood, i just need to address correct DB position on the server manager side to take the data from the PLC ?

Have a good day !