RSLogix5000 emulator with Platforma Wonderware simulation

Suseh

Hi.

Quick question. I have two vm'ware station.
One with Allen-Bradley software and the 2'nd one with Wonderware Platform.
On the first one i will use RSLogix Emulate for simulation, on the second one i will use dasabcip communication driver to connect to RSLogix Emulate.

Is it possible to make that kind of connection?

Should be possible, I have not used RS Emulate like this in a very long time but IIRC you need to setup an OPC Topic in RSLinx, then use the FSGatway driver from WW to connect to the RSLinx topic. Probably some configuration work in FSGateway to connect to RSLinx, and you might have to make some changes to your tags in WW to accommodate. I remember it being a bit of a hassle.

If you are using a firmware version that supports SoftLogix, I would run your code on that rather then Emulate as you can add a software Ethernet adapter in the rack and the connection to WW is no different than if using a physical PLC.

What i usually do is add "RSLogix Emulate 5000 Controller" in the RSLogix5000 designer. Make my code.
Add controller in RSLogix5000 Emulate to make my simulation works.
Configure RSLinx connection via Virtual Backplane (SoftLogix, USB) driver.
And then i am able to download my code to virtual plc.

What is the difference between RSEmulate and Softlogix?