Wonderware Historian Logging.

echos

Hi Guys,

I have two questions:

My client is using Wonderware Historian and is logging tags in two ways, through InTouch (in the SMC), and through the IDE.

My first question is when i log a tag through the IDE, how do i set the EU and Raw values, i know i can set the trend Hi value but not the EU and raw values.

My second question, i tried to log a tag (that was already being logged in InTouch), in the IDE to compare the values.

The InTouch tag is good in historian with a quality of 192, but the IDE logged tag is showing a quality of 44, pipe reconnect, i looked to see what this means and got:

"First value received after start up or pipe reconnect. MDAS sends Quality Detail 44 for slow changing tags after fail-over".

Does this mean that my tag is good, it is just slow polling? The same tag shows quality of 192 for the InTouch way.

Thanks for your help

Eric C.

1. You can set the EU and the object parameters within the IDE inside the obejct attributes. So you will need to find the object within the Galaxy. Then you can look under the tag attributes.

2. Not to sure on this one. Has your value changed since you got the pipe reconnect quality or is the same value over the period?

Hop this helps

Rheinhardt

You can watch the objects your working on with the object viewer and also create watch windows for items you might want to check on every once in awhile