Switch in combination with a timer

pdupreez

Hi,

I have a Siemens LOGO which I use for home automation.

I have a simple logic to program, but cannot get my head around the problem. I use 20 switches around the house with which I switch one output (security lights). They all pass through an XOR gate (in the PLC) so that they can be switched on or off at any of the switches.

At the same time I use a day/night switch to prevent them from being switched on (normally) during the daytime, connected with an AND gate with the XOR gate output.

Two aspects are missing:

1) I would like to enable the lights every day at say 17h00 (only to come on for real when the day/night switch is activated)

2) There are times when I would like to override the day/night switch (without using a physical switch). My thinking was to use a counter and a timer so that if I switch one of the 20 switches on and off 5 times within say 2 seconds it will bypass the day/night switch until the next switch activity.

Action 1 is reasonably simple to implement, number 2 I have no clue and the combination of all is rocket science to me.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Anyone trying to help you would need to see a PDF print-out or copy of your actual program to see the details of WHAT your have now, in order to figure out what logic to add for your Actions 1 and 2 but not interfere with your existing logic.

Your Action 2 should use the switch, timer, and counter to self-seal a "M" memory bit (flag) that stays ON until unsealed by the next "ligthts OFF" activity. Then use the new M flag as one of your controls in your existing light control logic.