Wonderware licensing

phuz

In all the years of dealing with Wonderware, this never popped up.
What are each of the three numbers that are spec'd inside of a license file? I just order a license based on tag count and don't think twice about the contents of the file.

ie, #Dev Studio 2014R2 Large 5000 / 3000 / 500

Hi phuz,

Those numbers have to do with what the Development Studio is licensed to develop/test at for each product type, based on how you are designing your system.

So with 5000 / 3000 / 500 as an example, it would break down like:

5000 - The max number of external IO points from PLCs or other devices you can use to develop under the System Platform architecture. (Different than InTouch HMI tag development)

3000 - The max number of Tags, you can use to develop under the InTouch HMI architecture. (Different than System Platform object development)

500 - The max number of Tags that the included 24-hour Historian supports for testing the application you design.​

Dev Studios are meant to be used for development, hence they have some development use restrictions that normal runtime or user licenses do not have.

Regards,