I have this configuration:

HW
CompctLogix L43
1768 EWEB fw 4.004

SW
Rslinx classic 2.59.01 CPR 9 SR 5
BOOTP/DHCP 2.3

I can't set the IP address of the ethernet module:

with BOOTP utility i see the device, I can set the IP , but when I try to disable DHCP it seems that the utility cannot communicate with the module, so it continue with its requests, it seems that the ip is not set and I can't ping it.

with RS linx i set an ethernet driver but the only thing I obtain is "unrecognized device", with Yellow question mark....

Any suggestion?

thank you

i assume you mean a yellow triangle with an '!' exclamation mark

go into the setup of the new device
check the tabs - there is a final config you need to confirm.
- I dont have the info here

With the BOOTP issue, after you've set the IP address, are your laptop and EWE then in the same range or is the laptop set for some other IP address range? I've made that mistake a couple of times and had to reconfigure my laptop to the correct address range before disabling DHCP in the module. That might also explain why you can't ping it.