Exchange of DBs between S7 400 and S7 300 plc through profibus

Hi,

I wanted to establish a profibus communication between 2 plcs. One is S7 400 and other is S7 300 plc.
Please let me know what is the right method of doing so.Till now I have followed the below steps:
1) Setting up S7 connection in Netpro in Step7
2) using the connection ID in GET and PUT blocks
3) THe S7400 plc is using GET and PUT to exchange the DBs in S7 300 plc.

I think I have done most of the program correct but I unable to simulate in plc sim.
Please let me know if the followed steps are correct or not and can we perform such simulations in plc sim.

Regds,
Hiamsnhu

Do you have integrated Profibus or is it an external module?

If integrated, you can specify the number of inputs and outputs for each PLC and just use direct addressing. No need for using GET/PUT. Never actually used those for Profibus, just ethernet.

Might be easier.