Serial Port Expander for PLC-5 Original Platform

ckchew666

Hi,

One of our customer is using LT2 (PLC-5 Original Platform) Processor, they want to communicate a Vision Checking System with this PLC-5.

But the Vision System can only comm. with the PLC thru serial port. The LT2 CPU only comes with DH+ port, so is there any module/card out there that can act as serial port expander, something like 1747-KE for SLC 500 ?

Thx.

Assuming a 1771 I/O rack, you could use an ASCII I/O or a BASIC module. These communicate with the PLC via block transfer.

PLC5 to Serial Vision System

The DeviceMaster UP was designed for just this very type of connectivity need. The best part is, it will work with the PLC5, SLC, and ControlLogix PLC's too!

Easy to configure, and it includes sample programs for copying/pasting into the PLC.

Contact me for further details or an evaluation.

Jason Reiling
763-494-4144