Controllogix V16.50 Firmware problem

Graeme

I have a redundant controllogix system with 2 remote racks on controlnet. the CPU's are 1756 L62's with the SRM module in each main rack.
I have "upgraded" the firmware to the latest 16.5 from the 15.5 release for redundancy. However since doing this the standby rack is always disqualified. it never sync's.
I have looked at the SRM modules using RSLinx but they both seem healthy. I've also spoken to AB in the UK but they haven't had a chance to look into it yet.
I need the V16.5 firmware as I have to program using custom add on instructions.
Has anyone else used this version of firmware or had the same problem. I must say I am not a fan of the firmware in the logix systems.

Have you checked the FW revision numbers on the other modules in the racks?

When you upgrade for a redundancy scheme, all of the other modules (i.e., Controlnet, Enet, SRM) have to have specific FW revisions that are compatible with the FW rev. for the processors.

There should be a chart in the user guide for the v16.5 package that shows the various FW revs needed.

I have checked that, All the firmware versions I have installed are the ones that are listed in the readme file that came with the firmware zip file.
Going by previous experience with AB's firmware (nightmare) for the CLX it will likely be something like a firmware verion in a card somewhere.

I seem to remember something about the CST Master being set somehow. Rev 16 is different from 15. Just a thought. Good Luck.

This is still a problem. Hopefully AB will get back to me.
It surely has to be something in my system (even though it worked in the last version of firmware)
I don't have a great deal of faith with AB's firmware releases for the CLX platform.

Have you tried powering down, and reseating all the modules? Have you checked your fiber connection between the SRM's?

I recall having an issue similar to this in a previous revision and it magically went away - right when I was about to purchase new SRM modules.

I've got it!!
I had to download a new EDS file for the SRM module as somehow you lose the config tool in RSLinx when upgrading. Then I move the SRM modules as they were in the last slot, It mention in the EDS file that they shouldn't be. however this made no difference until I redone the controlnet config, power cycled the system then it started working.
One day I'll get a firmware upgrade that works smoothly.

Be sure to read page 12 of the V16.5 release notes. There's a very important message there, relating to SRM modules and how not to turn them into doorstops.