A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Created my project and during debugging/running I get hung up on some code. I attached a screen shot hoping someone might have a solution for me. After pressing play several times sometimes the project will run and work fine up until I command a new screen. Then this will pop up again.

Subscribe to Commdriver.

Each screen/page has a ethernet comm component and each additional component is selected to use this comm. device.

Communicating to Micrologix1400.

Thanks you in advance.

VB.problem.jpg

Last edited:
Created my project and during debugging/running I get hung up on some code. I attached a screen shot hoping someone might have a solution for me. After pressing play several times sometimes the project will run and work fine up until I command a new screen. Then this will pop up again.

Subscribe to Commdriver.

Each screen/page has a ethernet comm component and each additional component is selected to use this comm. device.

Communicating to Micrologix1400.

Thanks you in advance.

Mtech:

I don't see any screen shot?

Stu....

Created my project and during debugging/running I get hung up on some code.

Subscribe to Commdriver.
I accidentally left some break points in the project. I removed all of them and posted an update. When it hits a break point, you can click the red circle to clear it, then F5 to continue.

I'm having an issue with the 302 build. I'm just adding a guage to the form and using the OPC communications code. When I build the project, i get the following. If I use another driver, I don't get the warnings.

Warning 1 Assembly 'Support\Base\MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Controls.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 2 Assembly 'Support\Base\MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 3 Assembly 'Support\OPC\OpcComRcw.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 4 Assembly 'Support\OPC\OpcNetApi.Com.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 5 Assembly 'Support\OPC\OpcNetApi.Xml.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 6 Assembly 'Support\OPC\OpcNetApi.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 7 Assembly 'Support\OPC\OpcRcw.Ae.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 8 Assembly 'Support\OPC\OpcRcw.Batch.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 9 Assembly 'Support\OPC\OpcRcw.Cmd.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 10 Assembly 'Support\OPC\OpcRcw.Comn.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 11 Assembly 'Support\OPC\OpcRcw.Da.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 12 Assembly 'Support\OPC\OpcRcw.Dx.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 13 Assembly 'Support\OPC\OpcRcw.Hda.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 14 Assembly 'Support\OPC\OpcRcw.Sec.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 15 The variable 'Meter1' is either undeclared or was never assigned. 0 0

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you Archie. I will grab a updated version. So far it appears the ethernet layering issue is gone. Thanks again.

I'm having an issue with the 302 build. I'm just adding a guage to the form and using the OPC communications code. When I build the project, i get the following. If I use another driver, I don't get the warnings.

Warning 1 Assembly 'Support\Base\MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Controls.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 2 Assembly 'Support\Base\MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 3 Assembly 'Support\OPC\OpcComRcw.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 14 Assembly 'Support\OPC\OpcRcw.Sec.dll' is incorrectly specified as a file. AdvancedHMI
Warning 15 The variable 'Meter1' is either undeclared or was never assigned. 0 0

What am I doing wrong?
I can't seem to replicate this problem. They all show up as only warnings, so it will probably run the application.

I made a last minute decision to include that OPC driver because it was more or less a weekend experiment. It's had very little testing.

Hello,
I am a student and a thesis on "profibus DP network between Easy 800 (Moeller) and module beckhof." I want also do visualization with advantage HMI. How to configure network and is there an option to display graphics with HMI delay for the network. please help (Sorry for bad English) :confused:

Hello. I have a question. Using the ethernet component for a Control logix. How would I read or write to Local:4:I.data.0?I tried to read Real values but had no luck. My IP address is ok and processor slot is ok so I am guessing I'm addressing things wrong. Anyone done this yet? Thank you for any help.

I was just trying to figure out how to setup push buttons and meters but using the controllogix platform. Some of the inputs where as Local:4:I.Data.0 and ect. I also wanted to know how to read FLOATS/REALS on a panel meter.

I can't seem to replicate this problem. They all show up as only warnings, so it will probably run the application.

I made a last minute decision to include that OPC driver because it was more or less a weekend experiment. It's had very little testing.

This is what I get when I try to run the .exe after the build.

6-21-2011 7-24-38 PM.png

I was just trying to figure out how to setup push buttons and meters but using the controllogix platform. Some of the inputs where as Local:4:I.Data.0 and ect. I also wanted to know how to read FLOATS/REALS on a panel meter.

You wouldn't want to address a push button to a real input because it's state (on or off) comes from the physical world (voltage present on the actual card or not). If you want to use a push button and have it control a tag in the PLC, you will have to address it to a tag that is of the BOOL data type. For example, if you created a tag in the PLC called HMI_PB (BOOL Data Type), then address your AdvancedHMI PB to that tag.

I would think that no AdvancedHMI control should be addressed to any physical Input or Output. It's the job of real world devices to control those...

Edit: I suppose you might want to display the value of an analog device, so you might be able to address a real analog input to a display of some kind.

Or I suppose if you wanted a series of indicators to display the status of real world inputs, you might want to address directly to an input for status...

Last edited:
My bad,what I was needing was what you described. I was just wanting to monitor the status of a real world input and output with a HMI indicator. Wow, the last two weeks have been like that for me. Thank you, I will try your suggestions.