Calling all AB Reps! Help!

Vetteboy

I'm sorry to bother you competent AB guys, but this is unbelievable. For about 4 months now I've been trying to get a new outer bezel for a Panelview 1000e. The guys we have to deal with here know less than nothing (no joke). If you would like to relocate to Alberta, Canada and be the Best AB expert here, you have no competition. Anyway, somewhere, in an AB Factory in the US, there is someone standing beside a giant pile of these bezels. I only want one! Do you think these guys can get one? No. They just can't ( or won't) find it. I think they are clueless. I'm sure plenty of you AB guys would be shocked to see how bad they make your company look.

I have to go to the defense of your distributor: A-B doesn't sell the 1000e bezel separately.

The only way to get it fixed if the glass is broken or the bezel is damaged is to send it in for repair.

It's heartbreaking to pay that kind of repair bill when somebody drops a PanelView and snaps off the corner of the bezel, but the whole thing is bonded together so tightly with the touchscreen and keypad that it's not practical to provide it as a field-replaceable part.

That's too bad.... glue will have to do...

I'm a little disappointed. If I get a dent in my car or a crack in my windshield I don't have to send it back to the factory. I guess I'll get creative with some epoxy or something.

1000e.jpg

Epoxy along with a small aluminum angled-piece will work just fine and may lost for a long time.
Otherwise, you may end up paying $899.95 for the factory fix.
🤾