Wonderware & XP HMI ?

dilkep

I have a Wonderware (InTouch 8.0) HMI running on a PC with touchscreen to a SLC 5/05 via ethernet. My project is finished and shipped but I still have the PC here for some fine tuning & documentation. I am having trouble getting the ABPLC driver & WindowViewer to start automatically at power up. My problem is setting up the service in XP, but I'm also not sure if there is something in InTouch that needs to be configured. When at the ABPLC driver under configure, I checked the box to start ABPLC as an NT service. This creates an error when I restart and I can't get into ABPLC again. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any help.

If i remember correctly the driver you are trying to use is not certified for use in XP as a service, which is why you are getting the error. You should use one of the newer servers which are called DAServers.

The one you need is the Allen Bradley ABTCP DAServer v1.1.100, which you can download at
http://www.wonderware.com/support/m...t/mmi/comprehensive/ioserv/DASABTCP_11100.zip

Provided you have a current support contract.

Darren

And if I don't have a support contract? (I'll ask my vendor)

What about WindowViewer? Is it not compatible with XP also?

Why would I get 8.0 (for XP specifically I thought) and it doesn't have the correct drivers or compatibility with XP? This bothers me.

If you don't have support contract you are SOL. It would have been a separate line item on your purchase, unless you are enrolled as a system integrator and then you get one year with your consignment.

WindowViewer is compatible with XP, as far as the IO servers go you have to check the compatability matrix for each one to know if it is compatable or not.

Also note that for the DAserver you may have to uninstall InTouch, install the DAServer, reinstall InTouch.

You may also look at what is fixed in the newest service pack (SP1) for V8.0

It may address your problem.

Darren

This is what I did. I went to my start menu in XP, programs, found "startup", then pasted a shortcut to the ABPLC driver & WindowViewer. This starts these programs when this profile logs on. There is only 1 profile on this computer. Then I went to WindowViewer configuration and made the screen I want to start with be the starting screen always & everything works the way I want it to. Thanks for the help.

The current version 7.5.0.4 of the ABTCP server only fully supports Windows NT and 2000. It supports Windows XP (Profesional version with servive 1 only) but not as a NT service. That is why it would not start up when configured to start up as a service.
Because it crashes when being manually started, there might be some corrupted file, and you should to uninstall the server and delete any residual components still in the PC. One way to do this is:
1) Un-install the ABTCP I/O server.
2) Delete the folder where you installed the server. It is normally under c:\Program files\FactorySuite\IOServer\ABTCP.
3) Run the Regedt32 program to open the Registry Editor. Be aware that a mistake can cause a severe damage to the NT registry which in turn results in the NT system no longer functioning.
Go to HKey_Local_Machine / Software / Wonderware, If it exists, hight light the Allen-Bradley Ethernet Direct and delete it. Do the same for ABTCP_IOServer if you find it there.
4) Reboot the PC, and re-install the latest version.
I hope it helps.
Good luck!

copy from Brian Nguyen
Wonderware technical support

To avoid problems in the future, I suggest using RSLinx OEM as the I/O server. All you have to do is set up DDE Topics for each PLC that you want to talk to, and use RSLINX as the IO Server in your InTouch nodes.

I have used this message on 2 projects with XP and both have worked seamlessly.

Can anybody tell me if i develop the wonderware scada 10.1 version in XP service pack 3 and after that i will use that back up into windows 7 platform. Is it possible?