Moving a machine and standards

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
I don't know where to look for this kind of information.

In our plant we are moving an older machine from one area of the floor to another. Is it mandatory to update all safety and wiring to current standards when moving a machine?

Where could I find this kinda of information?
I am in Michigan (USA)

Thanks for any informaiton.

OSHA is my best guess though things may have changed recently.

We're quoting doing this for Chrysler this summer & fall and they've informed us that we won't have to upgrade the safety circuits (from 110VAC to 24Vdc, & mostly cat 0 & 1 to cat 3 & 4) unless we add components to the machine. This is different then some machine re-tools we did a few years ago for Chrysler. I haven't had time to validate & challenge their controls engineer but I've worked with her several times in the past and haven't ever had the need to check her statements.