PowerFlex 700 VC Stop Mode

rleon

Hi:

I have configured in my PFlex the Stop Mode parameters as Fast Brake, it means:

[Stop/Brk Mode A], parameter 155 is Fast Brake and
[Stop/Brk Mode B], parameter 156 is Fast Brake

When I stop the drive trough digital input (the stop button is in the digital input configured as Stop-CF), in the HIM display shows the message "Fast Braking" and then, when the motor is near to stop, shows "DC Braking" and then stop completely. The stopping is very fast, about 2 or 3 seconds. At the moment, all is OK.

But when I send a Stop command via DeviceNet the HIM display only shows the message "Stop asserted" and the motor finally stops, but like it has a ramp, because the braking takes about 10 seconds to stop (I have Decel Time in 5 secs). Why the devicenet stop command not make a fast braking?

In ControlLogix I programmed The stop command with Latch until the "Active" bit is OFF. When the active bit if OFF, the stop commad Unlatch. I tried to retain the stop for more time (with a delay timer),but is the same ramp to stop and "Fast braking" message is never shown in the HIM.

Any idea?

Thanks!