CPU 363 replacement.

irfan80

Hi,
I am looking for CPU 363 but it is not easily available. Can i replace CPU 363 with any one the following?
CPU 350
CPU 351
CPU 352
CPU 360
CPU 364 and
CPU 374

Please guide.
I just want to put new CPU and download program in it. No further work i want to do
Which CPU is suitable to replace with CPU 363?

Thanks in advance

Maybe he was trying different options for Good, Fast, Cheap. He got all 3 with this one. Unfortunately, the rest of us didn't. My first guess is 364 & 374.

Steve's Answer:
"You should have started a new thread, especially since this thread deals with an Allen Bradley PLC and your question is about GE.
As long as the program is small enough to fit in the memory of the other CPUs, it should work OK. CPU350, CPU351 and CPU352 don't have as much memory as the CPU363. Also, if you are using either of the serial ports on the CPU363, you will be limited to the CPU selections with serial ports (CPU351 or CPU352). Note that the serial port on the Ethernet CPU models is only for firmware updates and not for communications with HMIs or other external devices."

There are differences between the compiled runtime file that gets sent to the different CPU models. You will have to open the project with Proficy Machine Edition and change the CPU model in hardware configuration so it can make the necessary changes to the runtime file.
Kiethkyll, the programs are compatible among all of the CPU models listed subject to memory constraints and the fact that the CPU363 has two serial ports which are not available on every other model.

Hi,
Thank you every one for kind support. Here is what I did.
I bought CPU364. Downloaded program in it through power supply SNP port. When checked PLC Fault Table (I/O fault table) there were too many faults in it. Also when i switched OFF the Mains power supply and switched ON again the program in the CPU was erased. I put new battery in power supply changed capacitor (5.0 Volt) in CPU but the problem did not solve. Altough the condition of CPU364 was quite good and looked new.

I then arranged CPU352. It was in very poor condition. As before i downloaded program in it through power supply. I did not find any faults in fault table and when tested by switching OFF mains, program was still there.

I then checked machine on production. Machine worked as expected with out any problem.

In conclusion CPU363 can be replaced with CPU352 easily (without doing much effort)

Thanks again for quick and kind reply from every one.

Regards,
Irfan