rslogix500 w/sp2

jimpad

Hi,

I've gotten a job using a SLC/504 (this is my first AB job). It looks like I'll need the rslogix500 software to program the PLC, my questions are as follows.

1. Is rslogix500 the correct software?
2. Does rslogix500 run on XP w/SP2?
3. Should I have any concerns with having Directsoft (Automation
Direct Software) and rslogix500 on the same laptop?

Thanks in advance.
Jim

and don't forget that you'll need a communication cable between your computer and the SLC ... is there anything (barcode, Panelview, etc.) already plugged into the bottom (DB9) port on the front of the processor?

Thanks guys.

Yes, I'll be using a panelview. At first I'll be developing on my local AB distributor's demo case so I'm not quite sure what hardware he has. What type ports does the 504 have?