siemens op7 - direct button

mrsenolsezer

Hi guys, now i'm working with a cpu 314 and an op7 ,
i want to use two buttons of op7 like direct button (when i press F1 db12.dbx3.1 will be 1 and when i release the button it'll be 0)
in manuals: it is a option only for windows based systems not OP7.

is there a way to do that?

also i remember, i saw an op7 does that, so its not impossible but how?

1. Add an area pointer "Function Key assignment". Specify the address you want to use when a key is pressed (i.e. DB12. DBW3).

2. Open "System" ... "Screen/Keys" and highlight the key (i.e. F1)that you want to access via a direct address and select the "General" tab. Use the little arrow keys in the dialog box to select "1" to get DB12.DBX3.1 for that key.

Thanks Jesper

but i want to ask u i more thing before compiling,
do i need to add function to key (i.e. tag:set value)
or the bit will be 1 automatically when i press the key.

Ok than its very good i'm compiling
Maybe it's too much but the key'll be global isn't it? in every screen when i press F1 the same the same bit'll be 1.
Can i consider a screen that the key only work there?

Thank u very much...

As I have described it, the keys will be global.

You can assign keys in each screen in allmost the same way. The keys assigned in a screen will only be active in that screen.

But I would NOT use locally defined keys to a great extent in the OP7. There is so little space on the tiny screen to properly describe what the keys do when they change.
Better is to keep the keys assigned with fixed addresses over the entire project.
If you need a lot of keys, then OP7 is not the right panel for you.

Here are some additional tips:

Use the F-keys to navigate the screens.
Format some hints in the bottom of the screen to aid in what the F-Keys do

Like this:
HELP   MENU   LOGIN  LOGOUT
F1 F2 F3 F4
K1 K2 K3 K4

Use the K-keys for the global functions.
Use the lamps in the K-keys to indicate status of the functions that you turn ON and OFF with the K-keys (just like regular pushbuttons and lamps). Add an area pointer "LED Assignment" to get access to the lamps.