Atlas Copco Master/Slave

automatic

Does anyone have experience using Atlas Copco Tensor 3-7 tool controllers with Profibus in a Master/Slave configuration? I am interested in knowing if the slave can report back to the master the status of jobs sent to it (good/bad) over Profibus. Any manuals or articles that explain how to set this up?

Thanks!

Last edited:
By "tensor" I guess you are refering to PowerFocus nutrunners.
As far as I know they use AnyBus cards. I've seen same setup
but with PowerMacs and it worked but it was major pita to setup.
Call Atlas tech support and try to speek with Jim Caruso

I believe it is. The label on the front of the controller says Tensor 3-7. A tech support guy from Atlas Copco was down here and he said that the master can send jobs to the slaves, but since its profibus, its a one way communication and he cannot get any status information about the job back from the master. Somehow I can't believe that to be true. I am only interfacing with it to get data from it, so if it does not work in the Master/Slave mode, I have to change my application and get away from using the Master/Slave config. So I do not know much about the controllers themselves.

Thanks!

In a former live (about 5 years ago) I have worked for Atlas Copco Tool as service engineer! I installed and services several Tensor units.

The assembling tool is called TENSOR, the controller unit POWER FOCUS.

At that time there was communication board available! But now (I looked at www.atlascopco.com) they do have different field bus cards! And yes, also one for Profibus!

I can ‘t find if it ‘s a slave or a master card, but I assume it will be a slave….

If you want to know more, I suggest to take a look on their site!

Or you can contact Atlas Copco Germany, which is the headquarter for Europe.

Leonardo