Connecting Omron CQM1H with a Standard Serial Cable

ramitha

I'm new to PLC subject and working with Omron CQM1H. I need to program it using CX-P 3.0 and I only have a standard serial cable. When I tried "Work online" my plc is not detected. PLC is good and the serial port on my PC is also good.
Can I communicate with PLC(CQM1H) and my PC through standard serial cable?
If yes Y can't I communicate with PLC. Is there specific DIP settings required?
If not can anyone give me the wiring diagram of the required cable so I will make a cable my self.

Ramitha

Use the cable that Paulus suggests. The communication settings are not done with DIP switches but rather software settings.

CQM1_Set.JPG

Also verify your com port settings...

CQM1_plc_set.JPG

Both should be default settings.

The esay way is to use Auto Online.

With that way the PC will find the Comm configuration and check your cabel.

Go PLC -Auto OnLine -Auto ONLine and click OK.

If the cable is OK you will see the uploaded program on your screen.
The program will show without the name and comment .
If you dont have the source code go ahead from here.
If you want to upload on the source to use the name and comment.
Open the source file and go to PLC -Work OnLine.The PC will conncted to the PLC
To Up date the source go to PLC Transfer and upload from PLC.

Good luck

That Didn't Work Either

Gents, thanks for the suggestions, but I tried all those to no avail. I'm using CX-P 6.1, any further suggestions? o_O

Gents, thanks for the suggestions, but I tried all those to no avail. I'm using CX-P 6.1, any further suggestions? o_O

Welcome to the Forum!

This is a six year old thread. Perhaps you should start your own Thread. Tell us your exact setup, and the problem you are trying to resolve. By this I mean details such as.

What Omron PLC Model are you using?

What Port are you trying to connect to?

What Cable if any are you using?

Is your PC using a real Serial Port, or are you using a USB to Serial Converter?

What Operating System and Service Pack is your PC running?

Stu....

Omron serial cables are not standard serial cables - 2 and 3 reversed - ground on 9 or whatever - have a look min the Omron download section @ mrplc.com and there are several good downloads regading Omron cables.

Hello,
I make my own cabel to connect CQM1H to PC via RS-232. I make cabel like on the picture on documentation from OMRON
view

I can't connect. I try option "Direct Online" and I try create new project, set Host Link parameters and then click "Work online" and nothiong. I can't connect.
I try on PC with phisical serial port, and on PC using converter serial to USB.

Please, help:smas:

I want to "read" which modules are connected to the PLC in CX-Programmer.
I know that I can make this on "I/O Table " but I don't see "I/O Table" on Project Workspace.
Where can I turn on ( to create) I/O Table?
Thanks you in advance for help.

CQM1H did not use the I/O Table function.
Addressing is fixed based on module type and physical location.
Inputs start at channel 0, outputs start at channel 100.

Hope this will help.