VSD to Single Phase Pump

dskplc

Hello,
I need to modify code that was for a VSD but now has a single phase pump. In my limited experience, for a single phase pump there would be just start, stop and fault tags for the pump. The current code has tags for VSD speed and PIDs for this. Can I just remove all the tags for the VSD speed and PIDs? Thanks for your help.

That's rather a broad question to expect someone to answer who has no idea about your system or process.

I would start by looking at what other DOL pumps in the system have. Make sure the new pump has the same I/O if possible.

Generally I'd expect an "In Auto", input from the Auto-off-Manual switch, run and fault feedback, and of course a run command output.

With regards to the old tags - cross reference them and see where they are used within the code. Evaluate what happens to the code if you remove those tags.

If there's a SCADA system connected, you may also need to remove the tags from there to avoid errors.

That's rather a broad question to expect someone to answer who has no idea about your system or process.

I would start by looking at what other DOL pumps in the system have. Make sure the new pump has the same I/O if possible.

Generally I'd expect an "In Auto", input from the Auto-off-Manual switch, run and fault feedback, and of course a run command output.

With regards to the old tags - cross reference them and see where they are used within the code. Evaluate what happens to the code if you remove those tags.

If there's a SCADA system connected, you may also need to remove the tags from there to avoid errors.
Thanks for your reply. Sorry about the lack of information. It is an irrigation system using a Micrologix 1100 series B. The VSD was replaced with a single phase motor and I was thinking I don't need tags referring to speed since the pump is on or off or faulted?

That sounds like a reasonable assumption.

When they removed the drive and fitted a contactor and overload, do you know what the electrician has connected back to the PLC?