FTView SE 9 Distributed Network

SIS_Brady

Hello. I am trying to save a FTView SE 9 Distributed Network project as a local copy. We do not have a redundant server and we are taking our server down for maintenance reasons but i need to keep running on one computer as a local copy. Is there a way to do this?

We have a set of independent workstations we use for backup to our enterprise (Distributed Network). On the independent workstations I've duplicated RSLinx (and OPC topics), security, HMI tags from the distributed environment, maybe a few other things. On a regular basis I update these independent workstations.

I first duplicated then environment locally, then use my local application to push updates out to the independent workstations. To update my local application, I do an Add Component on the recently updated displays, Export those same displays from the distributed to .xml files and taking out the areas (I built a utility, but you can do it with notepad as well), then importing the XML into the local application. I test it out locally, and when everything is cleaned up, I push the local graphics out to the independent workstation.

I do a similar update with the FTAE alarms, export, remove the area, then import on the local application. I've not found a way to automatically update RSLinx enterprise or OPC topics, but those don't change very often for us anyway.

We have nine guys in our department making updates, so I've tried to automate this as much as possible, using VBA in Excel to do most of the manipulating.

I'm sure this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I duplicated it manually. For the most part, anyway. Rebuilt the RSLinx Enterprise, added OPC servers, HMI Tags. I suspect the HMI Tags could be migrated with a bit of manipulation, if needed. The big chunks for me were the FTAE alarms and displays (1000+), which I was able to update en masse. A little bit of VBA goes a long way.

We don't use HMI tags much in our enterprise environment, so it wasn't a big deal. Some of our other areas migrated from RSView, and have rather large HMI Tag databases. If I ever have time, I'll change them to point to the PLC directly; not a small task.

Regardless of size, I think you can export the HMI tags, update them to fit, and reimport them into the local application; same as the displays and FTAE alarms.