Connected Components Workbench: Why won't my I/O Change states on my PC

jleif81

Im running CCW for the first time. Im using version 8.01. (Version 9 didn't allow me to stay connected) So I'm connected and in Remote Run mode. The ladder program I loaded on to the Micro820 is running. Im expecting to see the Inputs and Outputs change state on my Laptop, but they are not. Has anyone ever experienced this?

From the VIEW menu select toolbars and make sure debug is check. Now when you download a program to your plc you have the option of starting and stopping debug.

You must be in debug mode before you can see events take place in your ladder program.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the input, but that did not work. I tried running CCW on a different computer (My Desktop) and connected to a Micro820 and it worked!! I also noticed in the Global Variables that the cycle timers and a couple other variables were timing, changing states and a lot of red indicating that it was online. These same variables don't work on the problem PC (Laptop). And there is no red. I'm fairly certain that I have all the right .Net Framework install because it should have been included in the install of CCW. Any Suggestions?

No, I don't, sorry. I have an issue with CCW and 820 that I can't get into RUN mode, can debug program but can't put PLC into run mode as a standalone.

What version are you using? A tech at AB told me they are having a lot of trouble with 9 so he told me to use 8.01...

Just to update this thread. The PC that I am having trouble with is running Windows 7 Professional. Ive connected to the Micro820 with 2 other PC's and was able to monitor online with no problem. Those 2 PC's that worked were running Windows Enterprise. (Also one was using CCW verison 8.00 and the other was using version 9.01)

UPDATE!! I finally got CCW to work correctly. Turns out I had some corrupt registry files. I uninstalled CCW and deleted any program files that I could find related to CCW. Then I used rededit.exe to delete any registry files associated with CCW. Restarted. Reinstalled and Ta-da!!