Need advice regarding reset/clear fault (Motor Fault)

backendcode

Hello Everyone, Some of you may know I am working on conveyor project and I am about to finish it. I need some advice regarding my project.

I want to stop the conveyor system or conveyor line if,

1. The contactor doesn't energize (Motor will not run in this condition)
2. The motor overload gets tripped. (Motor will not run in this condition)

When any of the above conditions will happen, I want to stop the line and turn on the "fault indicator light" on the control panel.

To achieve the above condition, I already wrote my PLC code and here is the link below and pic attached too.

https://ibb.co/ecKzr5

Pic attached too!

Now, my conveyor system/Line won't run until someone fix the problem, it could be replacing the contactor or motor load. Once someone fixes the problem, now I need to clear my fault. There is no fault clear button on the control panel but I might use start button to clear the fault. I never wrote a code to clear the fault or have no idea how this logic works!

Can someone please explain to me how these fault clear things work?

Note: I am not looking for someone to write a code for me, I would love to think and come up with an idea but I need someone to give me direction!

Thank you!

peter_motor_fault.jpg

First, I agree with Van.

I usually have an output from the fault coil turn on the light. Put a bit in parallel with your existing logic to latch the fault on, and have a NC contact from the stop switch in series with the coil to release the alarm.