Remotely accessing PVP

kcotton69

I have a PVP 1000 connected to a compact logix via DF-1. I have remote access to the compactlogix via our ethernet machine LAN. How do I remotely access the PVP? I have tried drilling down in Linx but I cannot get to the panelview.

What are you trying to access remotely?? IF the PV has a VNC server, and its enabled, you could use the Google version of VNC viewer to see it. Going through linx with the ETH I/P driver or by manually adding the PV I.P. to the Ethernet Driver, you should be able to see the device online as a node in LINX but you can't actually see the application running.
Perhaps I misunderstand the question!

I was actually trying to upload the .mer from the pvp instead of having to walk my lazy rear end out there and get it via usb.

You can't upload through a bridge built between the Compactlogix serial port and ethernet ports...now if you connect the PV+ to the ethernet network, you should be able to upload and download to it through your network (assuming the settings and route are configured right).

You can't upload through a bridge built between the Compactlogix serial port and ethernet ports...now if you connect the PV+ to the ethernet network, you should be able to upload and download to it through your network (assuming the settings and route are configured right).

Thats what i was beginning to think, but i wasnt sure