rs logix 500 and rs logix 5000

vikas1947

what are the basic difference in rs logix 500 and rs logix 5000 ..?..i can make program in rs loigix 500 ..but can i make the programe in rs logix 5000 ..is it so difficult(y)
thanks

In RSLogix 5000 you work with Tags instead of bit and word addresses.
And there are 2 basic types of Tags, controller Tags and Program Tags.
The controller Tags can be used all over your program, but the name can only used once. Program Tags can only used within the program where it is created, but you can use the name more times. So you can Copy a program with only program tags as much as needed.

And of course they're designed for use with different controllers.

RSLogix500 is for Micrologix & SLC processors.

RSLogix5000 is for CompactLogix, ControlLogix, Guardlogix and a bunch of other bits and pieces.

thanks

In RSLogix 5000 you work with Tags instead of bit and word addresses.
And there are 2 basic types of Tags, controller Tags and Program Tags.
The controller Tags can be used all over your program, but the name can only used once. Program Tags can only used within the program where it is created, but you can use the name more times. So you can Copy a program with only program tags as much as needed.

like rs view 32 scada ...can we use masking in this...