Step 7 micro/win

I am up to version 4 service pack 9, so the C2161.mwp file should open if you have that version. The C2160 will open in MicroWin 2.12. I found a disk I had that was an upgrade from V3 to V4 and on there was also the old version 2.12. If you would rather work in the old version check your CD to see if you also have the old versions on there.

I have printed the program to pdf from V4SP9, attached. You have lost any Network Titles or Comments which makes sense when it was complaining about the Comments file problem.

In the missing files, .cfg, .cht, .cmt and .db1, we can guess that .cmt is the comments file, possibly .cht is the Titles file, .cfg has got to be a configuration file and .db1 would be a database file, probably the DataBlock, the Data Block has values that are set when you first download the software to the PLC, initial settings.

Hi BryanG

Thanks for this Print out. Helps alot.

I have noticed that when i open it all the software is in the project tree under program blocks in a main (OB1) block . And it is not in ladder it is in STL. Is this right or am i opening the wrong file ?

I have V4.0.0.81 of Micro/win . Best to upgrade to the latest ?

Looking forward to your comments. I really hope that it has not lost the networking because it communicates to a small keypad

Thanks in advance

I am up to version 4 service pack 9, so the C2161.mwp file should open if you have that version. The C2160 will open in MicroWin 2.12. I found a disk I had that was an upgrade from V3 to V4 and on there was also the old version 2.12. If you would rather work in the old version check your CD to see if you also have the old versions on there.

I have printed the program to pdf from V4SP9, attached. You have lost any Network Titles or Comments which makes sense when it was complaining about the Comments file problem.

In the missing files, .cfg, .cht, .cmt and .db1, we can guess that .cmt is the comments file, possibly .cht is the Titles file, .cfg has got to be a configuration file and .db1 would be a database file, probably the DataBlock, the Data Block has values that are set when you first download the software to the PLC, initial settings.

Hi BryanG

After opening and changing the language of the project i see that everything is in ladder as well . Thanks

Almost always best to have the latest version of software.

The software compiles OK (at the top of the screen click on the blue ticks) apart from complaining about the Retentive Ranges not being compatible with the PLC type selected, you just need to set the PLC type to the correct version. In the project pane double click the PLC and set it to match your actual PLC. As the software compiles OK there can't be any missing subroutines, so 'yes' everything must be in Main.

There is no way to know what has been lost by loosing the 4 files, I made guesses at the meaning of the extensions, but they were just guesses. Looking at the Symbol Table there are quite a few variables that are given names but not used. Then in the program a lot of the timer set points are variables that are not given names and aren't set anywhere within the program. I can only guess that those are set by the keypad and maybe were given values in the missing Data Block.

You have rather reached the limit of what we can figure out from the parts of the program that remain.
What is the make and type of the small keypad?

Almost always best to have the latest version of software.

The software compiles OK (at the top of the screen click on the blue ticks) apart from complaining about the Retentive Ranges not being compatible with the PLC type selected, you just need to set the PLC type to the correct version. In the project pane double click the PLC and set it to match your actual PLC. As the software compiles OK there can't be any missing subroutines, so 'yes' everything must be in Main.

There is no way to know what has been lost by loosing the 4 files, I made guesses at the meaning of the extensions, but they were just guesses. Looking at the Symbol Table there are quite a few variables that are given names but not used. Then in the program a lot of the timer set points are variables that are not given names and aren't set anywhere within the program. I can only guess that those are set by the keypad and maybe were given values in the missing Data Block.

You have rather reached the limit of what we can figure out from the parts of the program that remain.
What is the make and type of the small keypad?

Hi Bryan

Thanks for the information. How do i check what version my new CPU is ?

This might sound like I am taking the mick, but I don't know how else to tell you, you look at it :). At the top left should be a series reference such as Simatic S7-200, on the right side should be more information like CPU222, lower down it should have a Siemens part number such as 215-2BD23-0XB0 that a web search will translate to a CPU type. And on one end or the other of it again all that information is repeated. If they have scrubbed all that off in the refurbishment, then give them a call and ask what the heck it is. :):):)

This might sound like I am taking the mick, but I don't know how else to tell you, you look at it :). At the top left should be a series reference such as Simatic S7-200, on the right side should be more information like CPU222, lower down it should have a Siemens part number such as 215-2BD23-0XB0 that a web search will translate to a CPU type. And on one end or the other of it again all that information is repeated. If they have scrubbed all that off in the refurbishment, then give them a call and ask what the heck it is. :):):)

Hi Bryan

Thanks Again . I got connected and then i do get to download the program block and the data block . The moment i select to download system block as well it give me an error saying an invalid parameter was specified in the configuration information. So when i do a compile it tells me that retentative ranges 0 and 4 is illegal's for the PLC type selected . I did go to it but not sure if they are set to much or what , do you have an idea

Hi Bryan

Thanks Again . I got connected and then i do get to download the program block and the data block . The moment i select to download system block as well it give me an error saying an invalid parameter was specified in the configuration information. So when i do a compile it tells me that retentative ranges 0 and 4 is illegal's for the PLC type selected . I did go to it but not sure if they are set to much or what , do you have an idea

Hi Bryan

I went to the system blocks, then selected the Ren tentative ranges clicked on default values and it made the download successfully

I suspect you will need to make VW534 to VW774 retentive otherwise most of your timer set points will go to zero when you cycle the power. Certainly any of the values that the keypad changes will need to be retentive, unless you want them to go back to a 'normal' each power cycle. The 'normal' would be written in the missing Data Block.