HELP with Problem RS5K and FTV Studio

JoseM

Hello Guys,

I have this laptop given to me by my company with Windows 7 64-Bits running Windows Enterprise. I'm trying to install RS5K and FTV Studio 8.0 but I'm getting multiple issues.

1) FTV Activation Manager - License server is not running, so when launching RS5K takes a long time and finally fails with not able to find activations.

2) FTV ME Studio - When trying to open a project that was created on a 32-bit computer using an earlier version fails with an SQL Server error that says that the following database is not running (FTVIEWX64TAGDB)

I can help with the first one...

That sounds like normal behavior to me. Once you get a license then the next time you start without a license you'll get the same long delay and then you'll get a message saying that you're in the grace period, but I don't think you can start it the first time w/o a license.

Last edited:
I doesn't look normal to me. I open Factory Talk Activation Manager and when I go to the "Advance" tab it shows the server status "Stopped". I hit the refresh button, it attempts to refresh but it goes back to being stopped.This is the reason the licenses are not available I think.

Make sure the Activation Service is running...

Start > type "services" in "Search programs and files" box & Enter...

Under Services look for...

FactoryTalk Activation Service

Make sure it's "Started" and set to "Automatic".

Also make sure the path to the license (lic) files in FT Activation Manager is pointing to where your files are. This can be wrong if you are not using the default folder. You can see and set the path under "Manage Activations".

Regards,
George

I doesn't look normal to me. I open Factory Talk Activation Manager and when I go to the "Advance" tab it shows the server status "Stopped". I hit the refresh button, it attempts to refresh but it goes back to being stopped.This is the reason the licenses are not available I think.

I'm sorry JoseM, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you meant that you were away from / off line from your server and you were asking about that behavior. My mistake.

Everything Geospark said is the next thing to check.

B.

I got my problem fix by removing Autodesk 2015 from the computer. I read that Autodesk uses the same technology Rockwell Software uses it for handling licenses. I read someone on the Net wanting to get AutoCAD to work but not until they remove FTV Activation Manager, he got it going.