Number array to string AOI

KevinO

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys. I'm hoping you can help me out. I've created an AOI that will convert an array of type SINT, INT, or DINT to a string. I have a large array of INTs that contains numerous strings, so I have to use a start element and length input for AOI to know where to grab string characters in main array. Problem is that it works fine sometimes and other times, it spits out a random string that I'm not sure how it created.

There is 14 strings I need to convert in the same rung, so I have 14 of these AOIs being called at the same time. I'm not sure if that is what is causing the issue, but if it is, I need to find a way to grab all these strings simultaneously. This is an array of recipe data for a veneer mill, so when a recipe is changed, this array is updated and I need to update my PLC recipe with the new string values from this array.

This is an L81E controller running V30. I have attached a copy of the AOI and the rung of logic from my program I am using so you can hopefully see what the issue is.

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Oh, also... if any of you know how to set up a single parameter to accept multiple data types, like SINT/INT/DINT, that would be awesome too! Basically like how most of the pre-defined instructions can accept those different datatypes. That's why I have to use dummy SINT and DINT tags when converting an INT array. I am trying to make it as universal as possible.

Thanks in advance!