Weintek no PLC response

com 1
Baud rate 38400
Data bits 7 Bits
Stop bits 1 bit
Parity None at the moment but I tried all of them lol
RS485 4w

FX3u-48MR/ES
Put parity back to even, and leave it there. If it's not even, that guarantees it won't connect.
Is Mitsubishi PLC default to 38000, 7E1?
1) Try 9600 baud, 71E.
2) You were using these for AB? Can you copy a program and try it with an AB PLC? This will verify the HMI works.
3) If it doesn't, do the hard reset with dipswitch 4. Procedure in manual.

The Weintek connection manual shows RS485 2 wire as an option, but no connection diagram. I don't know if Mitsu port can be set to different comm types.

The Asian side of Weintek is working on trying to figure out what the problem is since it should work when it doesn't. Where in the PLC program should the parameters be for the HMI I can't seem to find anything like [FONT=&quot]PLC parameters are 38400,7, Even,1 for RS485 4W communication[/FONT]

I've never used Mitsubishi Software but there has to be somewhere to set up the comm's port

It's part of configurations in Click software.
[Setup] Com Port Setup]
Port 3 [Setup...]
Sorry, mixed up with another thread in my brain.

Looks like you need to set a couple of values in D registers. If you're using GX Developer, see PDF page 86 at this link.

From Menu tree, [Parameter] [PLC Parameter]

If directly setting port in program using D registers, see examples at bottom of this page.

Last edited:
The Asian side of Weintek is working on trying to figure out what the problem is since it should work when it doesn't. Where in the PLC program should the parameters be for the HMI I can't seem to find anything like [FONT=&quot]PLC parameters are 38400,7, Even,1 for RS485 4W communication[/FONT]

If you use programming port with HMI. You are not necessary to config PLC but I don't remember that what is baud rate to connect with programming port. If baud rate 38400 can't connect with HMI. Maybe you should use baud rate to 9600 or 115200(Data bit, Parity and Stop bit use same as before at 7,EVEN,1)
and check that your cable are correct as this link

ftp://ftp.weintek.com/PLC_Connect_Guide/Mitsubishi_FX3U_FX3G.pdf

Last edited:
Yeah lol I found the problem for some reason when I end the project and save it the parameters would revert back to default. I had reinstalled the works 2 for the PLC and it saved fine and now everything is connecting.

Yeah lol I found the problem for some reason when I end the project and save it the parameters would revert back to default. I had reinstalled the works 2 for the PLC and it saved fine and now everything is connecting.

(y) Thanks for updating, glad you got it working

For clarity was it the HMI or The PLC program that would revert back to default parameters.

I've never work with Mitsubishi PLC, I use the Weinview HMI alot and noticed it will default some of the addresses in a program to HMI addresses if you change the PLC communication and the original address had been one created for the original coms set up
and not in the standard data base. I looked at Mitsubishi address format and dont think this would happen, when using AB it will happen if the address is a created file.