reconfirguring Ethernet module

I have a already confirgured ethernt module ( 1756 entb module) with its bootp disabled. I want to change the ip address & also its mask. I have only ethernet module as communication module. As the module is bootP diasbled it does not show up it DHCP confirgation tool. Can anyone help me to solve this problem

Browse to the module with RSLinx, right-click it and choose "Module Configuration"

Then on the new dialog which opens, go to the "Port Configuration" tab.... all will be obvious from herein.

When you apply the new configuration, obviously RSLinx will lose comms to it.

You can change it from RSLinx by right clicking on the module and selecting Module Configuration, then switch to the Port Configuration tab. When you click OK, it's properties will be changed.

edit: I was slow :)

Of course if you haven't got Ethernet connectivity, (e.g. if the IP and SubNet Mask are wrong), you can also do this by going to the module across the backplane, using the processor Serial port (up to L6x series), or the USB port (L7x series).

Just browse to it anyway you can with RSLinx.

remove enet card get mac address and type in enet address and mac address in DHCP config tool and Buttons will reactivate.

Another Thing is Ping ENBT module from command prompt. After sucessfull ping then type in arp -a (use a space after arp command) Then hit enter. This will show mac address for each enet address used with ping. This will save you from removing the card and trying read the mac address label.

Or When you close DHCP Config tool and it ask you to save file you can do that and always go back and reuse that file with that card to make changes.

Also the Mac Address is shown across the face of the card at power up so you can get Mac address there.

Any way you choose if you know the Mac Address and the ENET Address you can reactivate the Buttons in DHCP config tool.

remove enet card get mac address and type in enet address and mac address in DHCP config tool and Buttons will reactivate.

Another Thing is Ping ENBT module from command prompt. After sucessfull ping then type in arp -a (use a space after arp command) Then hit enter. This will show mac address for each enet address used with ping. This will save you from removing the card and trying read the mac address label.

Or When you close DHCP Config tool and it ask you to save file you can do that and always go back and reuse that file with that card to make changes.

Also the Mac Address is shown across the face of the card at power up so you can get Mac address there.

Any way you choose if you know the Mac Address and the ENET Address you can reactivate the Buttons in DHCP config tool.

This is good info to have, but I don't see why you would bother with the bootp/DHCP tool once you can see the module in RSLinx. So much simpler, IMO

Hmm, I just tried that on our test bench plc and I got an error saying: Unable to communicate with the selected module.

It is a 1756-enet/b and it is working and connected.

Would that be a version issue or that it's RSLinx Classic Lite?

Do you have a screen shot of the error, at what point did you get the error?

I have not worked on a enet in a few years, I don't think RSLinx would be a issue but more the age of the ENET, the ENBT's are more user friendly