Importing third party sample codes and tags to RS logix 5000 project

srv

Anybody please advise me how we can import a third party sample code to a rs logix 5000 project.Is it possible to import all tags and controller configuration to new project

Two questions, five answers

How [can we] import a third party sample code to a rs logix 5000 project ?

Copy and Paste using ordinary Windows Control-C and Control-V commands works very well for copying individual rungs or groups of selected rungs from one instance of RSLogix 5000 to another.

This does not automatically create new Tags in the project where you Paste the logic, though; you would have to manually import/export or copy/paste the tags, or create them manually.

A better method is included in RSLogix 5000 v17 and later, called "XML Routine Import/Export". This allows you to export an entire routine to an XML type file.

When you then Import that XML file into a new RSLogix 5000 project, the feature automatically creates the related tags, UDTs, and AOIs. It also has very good collision and conflict detection and resolution.

Is it possible to import all tags and controller configuration to new project ?

RSLogix 5000 has had a Tag Import/Export utility that uses ordinary comma-delimited text files (*.CSV) from the very beginning, so that's the simplest way to copy Tags from one controller project to another.

The XML routine Import/Export feature also brings all the tags and datatypes from the source program and imports them into the destination program.

By "Controller Configuration", you might mean the actual Controller Properties. These are not easy to copy from one controller to another. I don't know of any mechanism to do so. Fortunately these are easy to configure manually.

By "Controller Configuration", you might also mean the I/O configuration. That's a less easy challenge. You can copy-paste individual module connections, but you can't copy-paste a group of module connections or the whole I/O tree.