hmi show ####

dominx748

Hello.
I have this issue. My screen displays #### from the datablocks at starting values between plc and hmi. I am using ktp700 basic PN version 15.0.0 and plc s1200 1215 dc/dc/dc cpu version 4.2 a tiaportal v15.

i know nothing about that model, but quite often some brands display #### when the application in the HMI has allocated too few digits for the display. Your example of #### suggests that the display object on the screen is set for four digits. When the actual value of the tag linked to the display object has five digits, the HMI shows ####.
It could also mean that the tag linked to the display object does not exist in the PLC, sometimes the result of a typo in the tag name or address.
Another possibility could be that there is no communication between the HMI and the PLC, but that often shows as ????, not ####.

Most HMI's (I did say most) will show #### if the number it displays is above the limit for example 9999 is the max, if the value was above 10000 then it will display the ####, this normally does not happen on decimal points so for example 1000.001 if the mask is ####.# will display 1000.0, this may also apply if the data is not a valid number i.e. it may be interpreted as a number outside the limits, as explained before often ???? is no data, but as LD has pointed out Siemens (and maybe others) may display other characters.

Both are correct.
If the online value cannot be displayed in the IO field it will show the ####.
If there is no connection the IO fields will show ####.
If it is only a few IO fields that show the ####, then it is the first.
If it is all the IO fields that show the ####, then it is the latter.

I had an interesting experience the other day, Siemens s7 and winCC HMIs, the HMI were showing no values in analog displays, #### for example. Turns out the PLC was not in run mode. Once enabled to run, displays showed valid numbers.

I know you dont have this hmi, but on panelview 7000, that means the box is too small to display all the digits. I had to increase the box size for all the digits to display.