FTView Studio v.12 dialog box size issue

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. Just spent a miserable hour on the phone with Rockwell Support and still don't have my issue resolved. I swear the support on this site is exponentially-times superior to that of Rockwell Support! End of rant.

When I open object dialog boxes, this is what I get:

View attachment What the.bmp

I am not able to re-size the window at all. Now, the project was created in v.11 and mine is v.12. I have tried opening the project in both ME local and SE local and have the same result. When I originally opened it it popped-up a notice that it would migrate the project from the earlier version to the later however, I would have security issues as they don't migrate the security. Doesn't matter, I just established new security. Has anyone else encountered this with the new version of FTView Studio SE and, if so, what did you do so that you could see all the properties when creating an object? Thank you

These problems are usually using a secondary monitor or scaling resolution factor on the screens.

I didn't know an extended monitor could affect this and the scaling and resolution have been addressed (trying multiple settings) but the same result.

Specifically workaround 2 always works for me:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
"MS Sans Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24"="SSERIFE.FON"
"MS Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24"="SERIFE.FON"
"Courier 10,12,15"="COURE.FON"

Is this what you are referring to?
HKEY Fonts.jpg

what windows version are you running?

Resolution?
Scaling?
Video Card?
Check it's own control app. Sometimes those will override windows control panel and not show up in it as changed.

also in the basic layout(MS needs to die for hiding ****...) where you can define font and window colors/sizing set it back to defaults. Windows 10 split this whole control panel up and got ride of some items you can change. Win7 still has it.

Windows 10 has had issues with scaling fonts pretty much since it was introduced. Usually, they are most noticeable on high resolution displays. This is the setting I would try first. Experiment with 100% and move higher if you can.

OG

Windows 10 Screen Scaling setting.jpg

Windows 10 has had issues with scaling fonts pretty much since it was introduced. Usually, they are most noticeable on high resolution displays. This is the setting I would try first. Experiment with 100% and move higher if you can.

OG

I tried this. I was going to try to go lower however, it won't allow anything below 100%.

For what it is worth, I had the same problem in FTVME 13 and it was resolved by modifying the registry as described, by running the .reg file attached to the linked technote. Thanks for the suggestion.

Take a look at the technote QA13028

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/459871/loc/en_US#__highlight

Specifically workaround 2 always works for me:
Code:
"MS Sans Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24"="SSERIFE.FON"
"MS Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24"="SERIFE.FON"

Full content of the attachment was:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontDPI]
"LogPixels"=dword:00000060