RSLogix 5000 V20.05 Fatal Error

Killercal

I've googled and searched for this error but can't see it anywhere. When I try to open this program I get the following.

Error 0x8004201d (-2147213283)

RxE_RUNG_NOT_FOUND - Rung does not exist.

No project file is currently open.

I have uninstalled and re-installed this a couple of times, but still get the same error.

I have Studio versions 28, 30, 31 and 32 installed also.

anyone seen this error before?

I always had a question about installing RSL/S5K "Oldest to newest"

Are they referring to the version in order, or the actual release date of that specific version?

Version 20.05 was released after ver 26, maybe even after v29 (haven't checked)

EDIT: Specifically referring to item 4 in the KB:
Install your RSLogix and Studio 5000 software in order - from oldest to newest

You may not like the answer, but the KB has an article specifically for this: ID: BF19243 Access Level: TechConnect. It refers to RSLogix 5000 v 20.04, but it is the same error.

Oh boy, that #2 answer. Step one should have been what you said: "You're not going to like this answer".

What would be nice is if these technotes described how one would get into this situation, or what the "solution" is actually "fixing".

I thought version 20 had some features and the only way to get around them was that 20.04 was stable but other updates of this version had some serious bugs in them.
I would uninstall the updates, uninstall 20 and reinstall. Or use the restore feature under the install disks sometimes this fixes these problems.

I thought version 20 had some features and the only way to get around them was that 20.04 was stable but other updates of this version had some serious bugs in them.
I would uninstall the updates, uninstall 20 and reinstall. Or use the restore feature under the install disks sometimes this fixes these problems.

After version 20 was released, some major security issues were found. Rockwell released a 20.03 version to fix the security issues, but it was not minor revision compatible like all other versions are. Plus you couldn't have 2 minor revisions installed. Eventually, Rockwell released a 20.04 version that would allow you to work with all previous v20 minor revisions. They must have fixed more things to justify another minor revision, so 20.05 is the latest and probably what the OP should be running.

The technote linked in previous posts describes solutions. Reinstall FactoryTalk Services Platform and FactoryTalk Alarms and Events. If that doesn't work, essentially uninstall everything Rockwell, then reinstall it in order of oldest to newest. Solution 2 seems like a recipe for disaster. There was a post recently where someone was trying to go back and forth between FTVS versions and ended up not being able to get any version to install.

"Okay, here's my money, now tell me how to fix it"
"Start over"
[sad face emoji]

Last edited: