Cimplicity Workbench not reponding when trying to open an existing project file

i03oo3

Hello all,

Sysadmin here in the process of deprecating an admin account and creating a new one. As part of that I was testing to make sure that I would be able to open/run an existing project in Cimplicity 8.2 under the new account and found that whenever I try to open this existing project Workbench would hang (Not Responding) and I would need to end the task.

Event viewer shows that "Application Path: C:\Windows\exe\CfgCab.exe" is the offending application. I already checked that there is no lock file present in lock folder under CimPE\Projectx\lock and I also tried logging back in as the original admin user and copying the project folder under a new name and then running that project file in workbench under the new admin and found the same issue. Everything works as expected under the original administrator account, just not in the newly created one. I did make sure to stop and close the project under the original admin account before attempting to to open it under the new one. Are there other processes that would have a lock on this project that would prevent it from running under a new user profile?

Sorry if this is basic question but I don't have much experience with Cimplicity other than making sure that the project is running and adding a point for logging here and there. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

I am guessing, but odds are that you will need to add the new user to the project. The old user is likely already in the project.