Force needed to push 30kg box

Itrim

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to calculate force needed to move 30 kg polyester box laying on the PVC rollers. It has to travel 0.5 meter in around 2 seconds.

The problem is that the only actuator I cant fit there must have less than 100 mm stroke, so it has to make all the force in that 100mm range.

Thanks!

we need more details.
can we do what you want, absolutely.
I can shove the box 3 meters with a big enough cylinder and air pressure.
but we need more details.
what is the size of the box?
what is the weight of the box?
are there different sizes?
what is the box made of, will it survive the push?
what is the roller distance apart?
what is the diameter of the rollers?
is the rollers ball rollers or shaft rollers?
what bearings are used on the rollers?
can you use a pop up transfer instead of a pusher?
what is the system the box is on before the push?

regards,
james

Here's a start point. You need to add some extra force for the actuator/roll friction and the force needed to accel the rollers and the fact that the box will slow down during the coast due to roller friction/inertia.

box.jpg