ENBT/A stopped talking

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi Guys

Moments ago I just had my first ENBT failure. While the front of it showed everything was fine, it would not respond to ping or to comm requests from other devices.
Configured a replacement and hot swapped it. All was fine.

Took it back to my test rack and it works fine there now. Is this a failure mode I can expect? F/W was version 6.006.

Look at it with Rockwells Task Monitor Tool and it can tell you if it is over loaded. I had an ENBT card that was over 80% on CPU and IO load wasn't stable. I upgraded to an EN2T card and all was well again.

Sometimes connections are not closed like they should be. The number of allowed connections is exceeded and it stops talking. Next time, try disable/enable from the IO tree before replacing. ( Hard to do if you cannot connect). Physically removing and putting back in place often works too.

Sometimes connections are not closed like they should be. The number of allowed connections is exceeded and it stops talking. Next time, try disable/enable from the IO tree before replacing. ( Hard to do if you cannot connect). Physically removing and putting back in place often works too.

It wasn't responding to anything, ping, web interface, CIP messages, nothing, so I couldn't look inside. It has been unmolested for a couple years. just picked that day to stop.

30% CPU
14 TCP Connections
9 CIP connections

32000 Conn opens (whatever that means.. connection totalizer?)
and around 30 errors or timeouts on the new one so far.