Vijeo Designer 6.2 - Change PLC from Schneider to AB

Saulo35

Hi,

I was given a SoMachine application (PLC+HMI). I was asked to take the HMI portion and convert the addressing so it can work with a MicroLogix 1400 PLC instead of the original Schneider PLC.

I thought at first it would be a matter of creating a new I/O driver for the MicroLogix and then re-address each variable to the new I/O driver + address.

Well, no...

Using SoMachine 4.1 I was able to export the HMI application and start working on it using Vijeo Designer 6.2.

The original tags are all under a folder called "_SoM.MyController.Application.GVL". They are highlighted light blue and cannot be edited. I could not find any explanation for this in the documentation or even from my contacts at Schneider.

So far, I performed the following steps:

1. Created new Driver for the MicroLogix PLC
  2. Exported all _SoM.MyController.Application.GVL variables to a .CSV file and assigned them new MicroLogix addresses
  3. Created a new variable folder called "Oven1"
  4. Imported all variables into said folder. Now I have two sets of almost identical variables, one under the _SoM.MyController.Application.GVL folder, the other under the Oven1 folder.
  5. Went through each one of the Base Panels and Popup Windows and changed all references to the _SoM.MyController.Application.GVL.* variables to Oven1.* variables - unbelieveable, the software does not have a search and replace feature.
  6. Deleted the entire _SoM.MyController.Application.GVL folder.
  7. Validated All - ALL THE VARIABLES IN _SoM.MyController.Application.GVL APPEAR AGAIN. The Validate All fails, with one error per _SoM.MyController.Application.GVL variable.

The program Help does not offer any explanation.

Has anybody done anything like this? Any tips available?

Thank you,

Make new vijeo project. Copy screens from original (allready modified variables) to new (have two vijeos open and copy paste sereens). Also scripts and alarms

Then import your new variables and build all.