Class 1 Division 1 w/PanelviewPlus

Jeff23spl

I agree that you cannot put 60 psi on an enclosure.

However, NEC 70 and NFPA 496 - Standard for Purged and Pressurized Enclosures for Electrical Equipment defines how enclosures are to be purged and pressurized.

having an enclosure 18" above the floor level may work for Gasoline, but not all environments, that's a dangerous assumption. the chemicals/gases in the area define how things are to be done.

Similar Topics

What class and division is a boiler room typicaly considered to be in most cases? I ask becasue of boiler chemicals used to keep the ph level...
Replies
Views
If you use a 250 ohm resistor to convert a 1-5 volt volt input to 4-20 ma, would that break class 1 div 2 requirements? assuming that all...
Replies
Views
All, I am working on a quote for a test fixture that will be located in a Class 1, Division 1 area. Our part of the quote is for the End Of Arm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm sourcing for a RS232 to RS485 convertor (Class 1 Div. 2), oil and gas application. We are connecting our Allen Bradley PLC, MLX 1500...
Replies
Views
We normally ground the -24VDC side of a control systems power supply. What are you folks thoughts about grounding the -24VDC side of a class 2...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom