Accessing Logix programs on network drive

mylespetro

Anyone have any idea how to access .ACD files that are located on a mapped network drive? I swear I used to be able to do this, but for months now, the directories show up in the Open... dialog with a ? over the drive. For example, we have a folder named ProjectFiles that I have mapped as my P: drive, but when I try to use the Open dialog, it shows up in my Quick Access, but as I mentioned, it has a ? over the icon and it just says P:\ instead of P:\ProjectFiles. When I try to open the .ACD file from one of the folders in that drive, I get an error that says "Failed to open file 'P:\XXXX - XXXX.ACD'. Path doesn't exist."

I'm just curious if I'm misremembering and I was never able to do this, or if I accidentally caused it by changing a setting somewhere.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: The error number is 717-80042016. I'm going to Google it now and see if anything comes up.

EDIT 2: An older thread popped up, but it seems to be a bit different of a problem than I'm having. In that thread, it seems that the file ended up being corrupt, however I can open the .ACD if I place it on my Desktop (or anywhere on my computer). I would rather not do that, as I don't want to be making changes to a separate copy of a program and forget to place it back in the networked project folder and cause confusion.

Last edited:
I know our network drives sometimes don't pop up, and one of our guys has a .bat file that if you run it will get them back. Also, and this sounds too simple, most of the time I just re-boot and they'll come back. Hope this helps and that I understood you correctly.

open windows explorer > right click on Computer > select Map Network Drive. Use the Drive drop down list and see if letter P: is mapped to correct location. You should see something like \\ServerName\FolderName or (path where programs are stored) Also make sure the check box > Reconnect at login is checked.

open windows explorer > right click on Computer > select Map Network Drive. Use the Drive drop down list and see if letter P: is mapped to correct location. You should see something like \\ServerName\FolderName or (path where programs are stored) Also make sure the check box > Reconnect at login is checked.

They appear to be mapped correctly, I can see and access them from Windows Explorer no problem. When I enter the Map Network Drive prompt, it says "P: (\\MYCLOUDPR2100\ProjectFiles)" so as far as I can tell that's as it should be.

I know our network drives sometimes don't pop up, and one of our guys has a .bat file that if you run it will get them back. Also, and this sounds too simple, most of the time I just re-boot and they'll come back. Hope this helps and that I understood you correctly.

Rebooting doesn't appear to bring them back, lord knows that Windows 10 restarts by itself more than its fair share.

Thanks for the tips anyways!

Last edited:
you should be able to navigate from the open file in Studio 5000 the same way you do from control panel. Once you have taught Studio where to look it should default back to that location.