Studio 5000 toolbar

James42005

I am having a silly problem with Studio 5000 ladder element toolbar. I cannot see the individual elements inside the the toolbar. I can scroll thru the element group tabs, I.E. Favorites, Add On, Alarm, but, Timer/Counter so and so forth. However the toolbar is not tall enough the show the individual to select them. For the life of me i cannot figure out how to resize it. I can stretch the width but not height. Wut in tarnation am i missing?

Thanks!

Assuming you are using Windows 10, give this a try......

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\Studio 5000\Logix Designer\ENU\v28\Bin

Substitute the v28 folder with the version you are using

2. Scroll down to the LogixDesigner.exe file, right-click and select Properties
3. Click on the Compatibility tab
4. Click the Change high DPI settings button
5. Check the Override high dpi scaling checkbox and select System (enhanced).

If you don't have the System (enhanced) option , select System.

OG

Rockwell also suggests from that same compatibility tab I mentioned in the above post, check the Disable display scaling on high DPI settings checkbox

This seems to apply to 4k type displays.

OG

Thank you sir. That thing was driving me crazy.

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\Studio 5000\Logix Designer\ENU\v28\Bin

OG

Studio 5000 ladder element toolbar.

I am having the same issue the Studio 5000 ladder element toolbar I cannot see the individual elements inside the the toolbar. I can scroll thru the element group tabs, I.E. Favorites, Add On, Alarm, but, Timer/Counter so and so forth. However the toolbar is not tall enough the show the individual to select them

I have tried the the advice below but I I go to properties on the logixdesigners.exe file and there is no Compatibility tab ?? I have windows 11 so this might be the issue, does anyone have any idea ?

On a semi-related note, does anyone remember what you can do to reset all your RSLogix5000 settings so that the Path Bar and Language Element return to their default locations? Occasionally if my mouse goes squirrely (or me), I accidently drag them and things get rearranged. Getting them back to a spot near their original location is very difficult since where it lands vs where the mouse is holding it are very different areas.

Hold the left side CTRL and SHIFT keys down on your computer while launching the software

OG
I'm using Virtual Machine for direct PLC connections. This is solved my unclickable tag expansion triangles that were too small. Thank you!