Showing Data logging win winCC 2008

jydepower

Hi

Is it possible to show data logged data in winCC with a PC RT?
I can make it work with alarm logs. By using an Alarm view, and enabling the log under display. I cant see how this should be done with the data loggin.

Hej igen jydepower.

The easiest is to use the trendview to display archived data.
Granted, it is not all kind of data that is suited to display in a trendview.

There is also a sample project on Siemens support on how to extract archived CSV data to display in WinCC Flex RT. However, the method used in the sample project is extremely crude.

Myself, I log some batch data upon event every 2 minutes by means of CSV scripting. You can find previous threads about this topic.
One advantage is that you can format the CSV file to you liking (with the net data in columns for example, rather than just one long sequence of values as the regular archiving in WinCC Flex). That makes it easy to display the logged data in a CSV viewer, or in Excel.

NB. Remember to write WinCC Flexible. WinCC and WinCC Flexible are not (yet) the same thing.

Hejsa.

Im using winCC flexible, but i think you already knew that :)
Ive been looking into the trend thingy, but im not sure it shows the data the way id like.
The data im logging is simple dayly product production data.
fx. order nr. size and amount etc.
Id like these values to show in a table more or less like the alarms.

Here is a link to the Siemens example that Jesper was talking about. I don't like the way they do it either. In the past I have made scripts that will reformat the csv file and put them into an HTML table that I can display in the HTML veiwer. This works but is a lot of work. They don't have a good way to display data in table format. If you come up with one let us know.

http://support.automation.siemens.com/US/view/en/22726112

You may also want to read this.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=19379

I used the html solution. By using a php script that strips the csv file, and puts stuff into a table, the way i want. This works great.

Another question about winCC flexible.
I want to start the logging, when some bit in the plc goes 1.
My problem is. That under tag events the only function i see usable is ChangeValue. And this would go 1 and then 0 due to the plc program. Meaning that i get two logs each time.
Isent there a way to tell the panel: Log when that bit goes 1. ?

Change to a counter (rotating from 0 to 1000 and back to 0 etc.) in stead of using just a bit.
Also log the count value, in that way you can see if there are missed logs.