• dan

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • a

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lanz

HI Friend,,,

I am using honeywell below model for temperture control in hydrogen furnace application.
Model No: UDC 3300 Temperature contoller, DC330B -K0 -0B0-10-000000-00-0...

The problem is, i am not able go to SP Prog Option...i can go sp ramp and sp rate.. somewhere it got vanished...
I have tried all the possible ways with the help of manual..But i cudnt..but once i did factory calibration.
Is it the reason, i cant go to that option??
Because before this calibration, i can go to SP prog option...and i can put the ramping program..

And my application is for Furnace temperature control.
With the help of pyrometer, the honeywell gets input and according to the program ramping sequence,it controls the furnace dc reactor control transformer,,the honeywell output 4-20ma convert to voltage 0-100vdc by converter to control the DC reactor control transformer..

Also plz suggest me a pyrometer which can read from 0 or room temp to max temp like 3000 degree celsius..Because right now i have a pyrometer which can read from 1000 to 3000 deg C.,Accordingly, the Output 0-10Vdc...Before this 1000 C temp, i cant use Honeywell, i suppose, i am not sure....

Now only going to run the furnace,after the sp prog clear..OLD Furnace ,i am working hard to make it run,,,

PLEASE Help Me Yar,,,,

This is perplexing. The model number includes the optional setpoint programmer functions (SP PROG), so SP PROG prompts and settings should appear. Calibration should have no effect on the operation of a function like ramping or setpoint programming.

The only thing I can think of is that there are 3 related ramp functions in the UDC 3300:
- SP RAMP
- SP RATE
- SP PROG

Only one function can be active, or enabled at a time.

I don't have access to one to examine at the moment, but I believe that if SP RAMP is enabled, that the other prompts do not appear. Same with SP RATE. If SP RATE is enabled, then the SP PROG prompt does not appear.

I suspect that somehow, during the calibration routine, the setup was changed to either SP RAMP or SP RATE and that the SP PROG function does not appear.

Disabling SP RAMP or SP RATE should bring back the SP PROG settings.

ru8tic.jpg

I'll have to think about a 0-3000 degree sensor.

I'm not sure what the poll is asking. Yes, the UDC 3300 is obsolete, meaning the model is no longer for sale. It was replaced by the UDC 3200 about 5-6 years ago. But UDC's can easily have a 15 year life span if they are cooked to death by too high an ambient temperature.

Last edited:
Type R thermocouple falls short of 1000°C

Most IR pyrometers start at some point in the mid hundreds of degrees C, not at room temperature (probably because they can't meet their accuracy specs at lower temperature, due to lack of intensity of the infrared.

If you cannot find an IR pyrometer that covers the broad range that you need, then you might consider
- using a 2nd input (thermocouple) that can measure in that range

- use a UDC digital input to switch "to PV2" (alternates between input 1 and input 2 depending on the state of digital input) at a transfer temperature

- use a process alarm wired to the digital input to initiate the changeover of inputs.

The drawbacks are
- acquiring the parts (2nd analog input, digital input card)
- removing the thermocouple before it burns up from excess temperature.