USB to RS232 converter with Siemens

I have a Notebook without serial port, I wont to use an USB to RS232 converter to connect the MPI adapter to program Simenens S7300.
Is possible or there are problems with this solution.
On Notebook I have Win Xp pro SP1.

Thanks for information

We have done this with Win2000, USB to Serial from Dell. Use the Serial to MPI adapter. I haven't tried this combination with XP, but it should work OK. You also need Step7 Ver. 5.2 to run on XP

Similar Topics

Until recently, I haven't had to connect to a piece of hardware using a serial connection in quite sometime. Well, that all changed yesterday when...
Replies
Views
Hi:huh::huh::huh: there, I am trying to get an ADAM 4561 converter to talk via RS232 DF1 to a Micrologix 1400. I know that some USB/RS232...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Maybe a stupid question, but I'm trying as far as possible to consolidate my VM's for all legacy products. I currently have a TSX-17 that...
Replies
Views
Has anybody had any joy getting a USB to RS232 converter to work under the Windows 7 Virtual PC - or any other virtual PC for that matter? I've...
Replies
Views
Setting up a PanelView-550 to communicate with Compact Logix, using a laptop to set it up. DF1 using USB<> RS232 converter using a BELKIN...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom